Patient Participation Group
Thank you for your interest in our Patient Participation Group (PPG). The PPG was established in 2011 with the aim of representing the views of our patients. At East Trees Health Centre we believe that the input of patients is key to improving our service, and we are keen to encourage an active patient participation group.
Next Meeting: Meetings are currently on hold, we will update this page when they resume
If you would like to contribute to the agenda, you can write to us, submit your idea in writing to reception or use the form at the bottom of this page.
Please be assured that any views you express as a member of the PPG or patient email group will have no effect on the medical treatment you receive.
What is a Patient Participation Group?
What does your PPG do?
- Provides a forum for communication between the practice and patients.
- Provides opportunity for collaborative projects aiming to support and improve services.
- Participates in health and wellbeing promotion to fellow patients.
- Fosters stronger links with the community and third sector.
We meet approximately every 2 months for 1 hour.
This invitation is open to all registered patients and their carers no matter your background and everyone is welcome, particularly those from groups who have low representation in the PPG:
- Working age patients
- Patients with young families
- Minority ethnic communities
- LGBT groups
- Patients with disabilities
Our current projects
- Increasing PPG participation (if you’ve read this far, you’re part of it!)
- Election of new PPG Chairperson (date TBC)
- Development of initial PPG priorities
How can I join?
PPG membership is open to anyone who is registered with the surgery. If you are interested, please feel free to send us your details using our secure online form, or simply come along to our next meeting. It is that simple!
Patient Email Group
We realise that not everyone is able or keen to come to meetings at the Practice, but that they might still be interested in contributing to the development of the Practice.
For this reason we run an email group, who receive Practice news, have the opportunity to contribute suggestions about services and the chance to provide feedback on Practice initiatives.
If you are interested in this group, please submit your email address using our secure online form