Infection Control Statement
At East Trees Health Centre we are proud of our modern, purpose built Health Centre and endeavour to ensure it is kept clean and well maintained at all times and offers a safe environment to our patients and staff.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report these to our Reception Staff.
Our GPs and Nursing staff follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we use is safe.
Additional measures are taken to maintain the highest standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss these and identify improvements we can make to avoid any future problems.
- Carry out an annual infection control audit to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control.
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risk.
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, modesty curtains, hand towels, pillow cases and ensure that these are changed frequently to minimise risk of infection.
- Make Alcohol Hand Rub Gel available throughout the building.
In the past year there have been no significant events raised that related to infection
An annual Infection Control Audit is undertaken in the Practice. This is based on the Department of Health’s Audit Tool (2005). The results from this year’s audit showed compliance in all areas.
The cleaning staff work to structured cleaning schedules and the daily cleaning of the Health Centre is contracted to a company who follow national NHS guidance.
Infection control policy
The Infection Control Policy is reviewed and updated annually if appropriate and updated on an ongoing basis as current advice changes.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.