Equality and Diversity Policy
The practice is committed to both eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce and in relation to our patients and service users.
The practice and its staff will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy or maternity, gender re-assignment or age.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential to meet practice and personal needs.
The practice will:
- create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of staff are recognised and valued.
- ensure that every employee has a working environment that promotes dignity and respect.
- ensure that no form of intimidation, bullying or harassment is tolerated.
- provide training, development and progression opportunities to all staff.
- promote equality in the workplace as good management practice.
- review all employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- regard breaches of the equality policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- review the policy annually.
The practice will consider monitoring of job applicants to ensure that equality policies are in place and working. This may include the collection of information relating to:
Where this is carried out the information will be requested on a separate page in the application papers which can be detached. Completion by candidates will be optional. The information sheet will be removed from the selection process and held separately and for monitoring only. The application papers will make this clear.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.